Are you a gun enthusiast, a boar hunter or an army veteran? Whatever the function of your weapon, a laser sight can be a valuable tool, especially if you’re looking to improve your accuracy. It overcomes the difficulty of tare an object, making the shot more precise and accurate. While visual acuity can help you aim accurately at the target, it can be difficult, especially at great distances.
Drill Sighting is a method of aligning the barrel and sight of the firearm. Optical sighting is the traditional method of zeroing target objects using the naked eye to aim at a distant object. This method has proven difficult due to tunnel vision and lack of sufficient light.
Modern technology has improved this method by turning the laser into a pointer to aim at a distant target. This way, the gun holder does not have to visually inspect the target entity and can instantly focus on the target before it moves.
Choosing the best laser bore sight can be tricky, especially if you’re new to tactics. You need to consider the ease of installation, energy efficiency and the power of the laser light. With so many brands to choose from and so many aspects to consider, making a decision can be tedious and confusing.
This article, therefore, lists the top five brands acquired to date to help you decide what is the best laser bore sighter for you. It also compares the different brands to help you decide.
Top 5 Best Laser Bore Sighter
5. Sightmark’s Triple Duty Universal Laser Bore Sighter
- Well-matched with 0.17 to 0.50 caliber firearm types
- Has a self-centering arbor and is hitched towards the barrel’s end and not within the barrel
- Purchase includes a handling case, three AG3 cells, and an installation manual
- Accurate and precise
Whether you own a pistol, rifle or shotgun, this Sightmark short-barrelled sights will not disappoint you. In fact, after testing it, both the National Tactical Officers Association and the North American Hunting Club recommend it. Weighing in at 4 ounces, this 9 by 5.6 by 1.5 inch device can improve your tactical accuracy. Its innovative structure eliminates unnecessary parts that can get lost and cause installation problems.
- Does not require extra pieces (that can get lost)
- Tailor-fits with common firearms’ calibers
- Has a magnetic attachment
- Installation can be difficult
- The unconventional battery holder design
You may be encouraged to watch a few videos online or read the user manual carefully, but once you have successfully installed the device, it will be worth it. In addition, the accessory can be used with most types of firearms, which means you won’t have to pay extra if you have a variety of firearms. When you are looking for what is the best laser bore sighter brands, it is often that brand that you will find on the list.
4. Gozier’s .223 Laser Bore Sight
- Compatible with .223 / 5.56 chamber
- Constructed with a brass outer case
- An array of sight of 15 to 100 yard-distance, with a recommended distance indoors of about 25 yards
When deciding what is the best laser bore sighter for you, the Gozier creation is a good choice. This particular brand of a laser sight is caliber specific, but what it lacks in terms of universality is the quality of precision. Weighing in at 1.6 ounces, this elegant device allows you to aim at a target at a distance of 15 to 100 meters. Finished with quality brass, it’s lightweight yet rugged. It’s also resealable, so you don’t have to worry about where to store it. Here are some of the notable attributes of Gozier’s flagship product:
- Resealable package for easy safekeeping
- Lifetime manufacturer warranty
- Inclusive of 6 cells
- Quick zero in efficacy
- Wider sight range for distant targets
- Light is not effectively discernable within short distances
- Not universally compatible
- The device may get stuck in the chamber if not appropriately inserted
The Gozier .223 laser viewfinder fits perfectly into your .223 / 5.56 room if you insert it correctly. It can even display a 2-inch red dot at a distance of 100 meters. Its accuracy is surprisingly good, considering its affordable price. It is ideal for reflective surfaces but may be poorly visible at close range. If you’re looking for an accessory with a lifetime warranty for your firearm, this is the one for you.
3. SiteLite’s SL-100 Mag Boresight
- Including two-button cell batteries that can persevere for an hour of continuous usage
- O-rings fit, adapted for rifle/handguns of 22-50 c; shotguns and muzzle-loaders of 20 and 12 g
- Customizable with Ballistic Targeting System phone-app
Accuracy is an imperative quality when determining what is the best laser bore sighter for your firearm. SiteLite’s offers you this quality with its SL-100 Mag Boresight. With this 14.4-ounce device, you can aim at a mark up to 300 meters away! Its cell can also last up to 2 hours at a time, which is considerably standard battery life. It is well suited for 22-50 calibre handguns and rifles, as well as 20 and 12 calibre shotguns and muzzle-loading rifles. Unlike the previous brands mentioned, it is supported by a mobile application, which is capable of printing a zero-entry target exactly for the type of ammunition your musket has. Below is a list of the features of this technologically advanced brand:
- Lifetime manufacturer warranty
- Phone-app Ballistic Targeting System
- Military-class accuracy
- Not very cost-efficient
- Reported battery issues
If your priority in your device is truth, the SiteLite SL-100 is the right brand for you. It’s received outstanding reviews for its accuracy, and it certainly won’t disappoint you with its advanced internal zeroing customization. This feature saves you a lot of time and ammunition. In addition, its lifetime warranty is certainly a testament to its value, and this feature is not something often found in drilling sights. As with any device, it is essential to follow the installation instructions to ensure proper operation of the drill sight.
2. Okeba 0.22-0.50 c Laser Boresighter
- Well-matched with 0.22 to 0.50 cal. firearms
- Utilizes a red laser dot suit, perfect of dark-lighted or indoor use
- 300-yard visual range
Okeba’s version fits the list of what is the best laser boresighter to date. This elegant device is suitable for most firearms, especially handguns, rifles, sights and scopes of 0.20-0.50 caliber. It is easy to install with a shipping weight of 4 ounces (29 grams for the unit), which includes a screwdriver, four reaming adapters, and two cells. Here are some of the features of this amazing firearm enhancement accessory:
- Flexible and versatile firearm compatibility
- Complete packaging for easy install
- Rigid and durable
- Light is not very discernible in daytime
- Does not come with a warranty
If you want to save money, but want quality equipment for your handgun, the Okeba laser reamer is for you. Its accuracy is surprisingly good, and its night laser light will not disappoint you.
1. Wheeler Professional Laser Bore Sighter
- Sturdy aluminum frame with soft rubber over-molding that encloses the laser
- Versatile and flexible for most firearm calibers
- Utilizes a green laser, which makes it more day-light visible
If you’re looking for a sight that effortlessly adapts to your rifle, shotgun, handgun or muzzle-loading rifle, Wheeler’s variety of bore sights is a first-rate choice with its magnetic attachment. This feature ensures precise alignment of the bore with the muzzle of your firearm, preventing the damage usually caused by improper sights. Powered by a 123-A lithium battery, it uses a powerful green laser, which is relatively more visible than red. This type of battery can last about 10 hours, which is considered a long time for such a small camera. Here are some of the famous features of this 15.2-ounce brand:
- Excellent bore-optic aligning
- Strong magnetic attachment with the firearm
- Ease of use
- Durable design and packaging
- Comes with a case for more convenient storage
- Heavy and bulky
- Doesn’t come cheap
If you’re looking for a rugged and accurate drilling sight, we recommend Wheeler’s Professional Laser Bore Sighter. It features excellent packaging, versatile gauge compatibility, and flexible illumination. When choosing what is the best laser bore sighter for your firearm, this is surely top of the line.
Laser Bore Sighters are handy shooting devices, designed by the firearms authorities and manufactured with the latest machinery, to improve the zeroing of your firearm. When choosing the best barrel sight for your shooting device, consider the versatility, durability, warranty, cost-effectiveness and ease of installation of the sight.
The above list should point you in the right direction so you can make a wise choice. Acquiring the product best suited to your needs will not only save you ammunition but will also allow you to benefit even more from the tactical experience. Whether you are a member of the armed forces or enjoy hunting in the forest, you will certainly appreciate laser sights.