6 Best Cheap VPN Services to Use – VPNs with the Lowest Prices
If you are a regular visitor to our site, you will have noticed that we are strong advocates of paid VPNs rather than free VPNs. The reason for this is simply that a paid VPN – regardless of its price on the market – gives more value to users. On the other hand, the free service has no consideration for the users, so these subscribers are treated badly. The truth is that you can opt for a cheap VPN service rather than settle for a completely free service.
Indeed, free service providers – just like paid service providers – also have huge overheads. If you use free services, you should now be tired of their poor service, ranging from limited bandwidth to poor speed. Another challenge you will probably face with free VPNs is partial access to streaming sites.
Benefits of Using Cheap and Effective VPNs
Cheap VPN services have all the appropriate features that users are always looking for. While free versions lack almost everything, including a good reputation, free versions offer many advantages:
- User anonymity and safety
- Fast and reliable connection
- Unlimited bandwidth for torrenting and other P2P activities
- Exceptional unblocking capabilities for streaming services
- Fast Internet speed
Indeed, all these advantages explain why you should opt for cheap VPN services rather than free services. Now that you know what your advantages are, we will introduce you to the cheapest but most efficient VPNs available.
6 Best Cheap VPN – Comparison Table
Top 6 Cheap but Effective VPN
6. IvacyVPN – Reliable Cheap VPN
Money-back guarantee: 30-day
In spite of the fact that Ivacy has most of the attractive features you will typically ask for in your ideal VPN, this service remains relatively affordable. Hence, it made our list of the best cheap VPN services. Therefore, if you need a relatively cheap service to use, you can always rely on Ivacy. Sometimes, you do not calculate the affordability of services using their price tags.
However, you work it out using the value you stand to gain from opting for a particular service in comparison with the fee you are asked to pay for it. Ivacy easily aces this evaluation too. Moving on, listed below are the features, perks, and demerits you will experience when you subscribe to this service.
Supported Client Software:
- Military-grade AES-256 encryption and TOR compatibility
- P2P support and unblocking Netflix
- Over 1000 servers hosted in over 100 locations,
- Netflix and BBC iPlayer unblocking
- Split tunneling and unlimited bandwidth
- No-logs policy
- Not blocked in China unlike many other premium VPNs
- Simultaneous logins of up to 10 devices
- Conceal your identity with the Bitcoin payment option
- Malware protection that keeps users safe from spyware, ransomware, malicious ads, etc.
- 30-day money-back guarantee policy that reassures customers that it is a reliable service provider
- Excellent speed
- Has about 1000 servers, a relatively small number compared to some
- Best value plan is for 5 years, which some people may not opt for
It is okay for a VPN to offer many benefits. However, the emphasis now is on price. No doubt, the Ivacy VPN is in a league of its own because it reflects top-notch features and affordability. Breathtaking features and a good price are unique things that rarely mix. Indeed, you do not get that elsewhere. In addition to being very affordable, it offers you the opportunity to try it for 7 days. If you are not satisfied with the service. You will get your money back within 30 days.
Another benefit of Ivacy is its excellent speed. Truly, you will be surprised that this service is extremely fast even as it remains relatively affordable. With that speed, you can download, torrent, stream online, and do other amazing things online. Importantly, you can do all that without incurring extra costs. It deserves a place on the list of the best cheap VPN services.
Read our detailed review of IvacyVPN.
5. CyberGhost – User-Friendly Cheap VPN
Money-back guarantee: 45-day
We added this cheap VPN to our list because it has some of the best features you would always look for in your ideal VPN. For example, CyberGhost has 5,700 high-speed servers deployed in 112 locations worldwide. With this vast network of servers, you can bypass geo-blocked sites to watch your favorite movies and TV shows. To be clear, you can unlock Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Hulu, Hobo and other important streaming sites.
More importantly, if you live in a country where you can’t access Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, you can unlock these social networking sites with a single click. In addition, it has a user-friendly client for all operating systems, such as Windows, Linux, MacOS, iOS, Android, routers, etc. Thanks to a good customer service that works around the clock, you can always contact them at any time, any day. To contact them, you will need to do so via live chat or email.
Supported Client Software:
- CyberGhost runs on Windows, MacOS, iOS, Linux and Android
- It offers both Wi-Fi Protection and DNS leak protection
- It has 5700+ servers in 112 locations around the world
- An automatic Internet kill switch is readily available
- It allows 7 devices to connect at the same time
- CyberGhost supports torrenting and other file-sharing activities
- It is good for unblocking and streaming Netflix, Hulu, Fire TV and BBC iPlayer
- The 24/7 helpdesk assists users via live chats
- There are lots of extras, such as Automated HTTPS, OpenVPN, etc.
- It uses weak HMAC MD5 for hash authentication
With over 10 million subscribers, CyberGhost remains one of the most-sought VPN services today. And it took a spot on our list because it offers affordable subscription plans. Although the trial period only lasts for 24 hours, you can go ahead to subscribe at its expiration. Now, here’s the thing: After subscribing to the VPN, and you feel that it didn’t live up to your expectations, you can ask for a refund.
With 7 multiple logins, this means you can share with your family and colleagues all over the world. Without a doubt, all these advantages explain why this cheap VPN remains one of the best on the market. The good thing is, you get your money within 45 days. More importantly, this service is user-friendly, making easy for everyone to use. So, if you are a beginner, you sure have a VPN that is specially made for you.
Read our detailed review of CyberGhost.
4. PureVPN – Balanced Cheap VPN
Money-back guarantee: 31-day
Among cheap VPNs that offer first-class features, PureVPN is one of the best. The reason behind it is that it is very affordable. In addition, many cybersecurity experts consider the ability of a VPN to bypass the Chinese firewall as a confidence test of its effectiveness. Apparently, this is why PureVPN has a page dedicated to Chinese users. With PureVPN fully optimized in China, you can be sure to bypass the Chinese firewall in a fraction of a second. PureVPN is very effective at unblocking geo-restrictions, as it has over 300,000 IP addresses for potential users around the world, making it quite difficult to detect and block.
Also, this inexpensive VPN meets the challenge of users who cannot access Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, etc. Most importantly, PureVPN bypasses geo-restrictions at ultra-fast speeds, so you don’t experience video buffering and network slowdowns. When it comes to security, this inexpensive VPN has military-grade encryption, DNS leakage protection and no logs. All of these features mean you don’t have to worry about prying eyes following what you do online.
Supported Client Software:
- 300,000 IP addresses
- Kill switch and Double VPN
- Availability of Onion over VPN
- 2,000 servers spread across 180 locations
- Allows up to 5 devices to connect at the same time
- Support for split-tunneling
- To be able to disable the Great Firewall of China, PureVPN has dedicated servers in China
- It also has dedicated features for unblocking World Cup streaming sites
- PureVPN can unblock and stream US Netflix, Hulu, Fire Stick and BBC iPlayer
- It is very affordable
- This VPN also boasts high-level security and anonymity
- Sometimes, the connection is frustrating
PureVPN has been in the cybersecurity business for some time now. It has most of the features offered by high-end VPN services. Its application works perfectly on Windows, Linux, MacOS, Android, iOS, etc. There are other features that make it unique. As an evolving company, PureVPN has continued its efforts to grow from 2 initial servers to 2,000 servers in 180 locations worldwide.
Having one server in almost every country in the world shows that PureVPN is truly committed to its expansion and ensures that users enjoy excellent VPN service. Not to mention that it runs on all operating systems. Indeed, you should consider trying this VPN.
Read our detailed review of PureVPN.
3. NordVPN – Secured Cheap VPN
Money-back guarantee: 30-day
NordVPN has become an important VPN in the cybersecurity industry because of the unique features it brings. NordVPN and advanced security are two inseparable entities, as the software developer has invested significant resources in this regard.
Today, NordVPN has become a highly secure VPN – thanks to Double Encryption, an encryption technology that encrypts data twice. With an annual subscription, it is one of the cheapest VPN services on the market.
Supported Client Software:
- NordVPN allows up to 6 devices to connect at the same time
- It also offers double data encryption
- There has unlimited bandwidth and kill switch
- This VPN offers double data encryption
- It has 5,100 servers across 60 locations
- With the aid of Double Data encryption, NordVPN offers military-grade security
- There is support for torrenting and P2P activity
- The connection speed is awesome
- CyberSec checks sites to ensure that they are malware-free
- By effectively managing DNS requests, it hides the user’s location
- Furthermore, it supports OpenVPN, PPTP and IKEv2
- The Android mobile version doesn’t have an ad-blocking feature
Basically, this VPN is not only cheap, but it’s also a high quality VPN. So it doesn’t just make promises. More importantly, we’ve tested it to confirm that it delivers on its promises. In general, there are two categories of servers. These categories are general purpose and specific purpose. Servers that have a specific purpose do P2P file sharing, double encryption, and so on.
All of these are the result of concerted efforts by the cybersecurity company based in Panama to ensure that users get the most out of the service. So don’t hesitate to subscribe, because we assure you that it is reliable, ultra-fast and secure. Therefore, it should be your best and cheapest VPN.
Read our detailed review of NordVPN.
2. Private Internet Access (PIA) – Affordable Cheap VPN
Money-back guarantee: 7-day
This is another cost-effective VPN that offers first-class functionality. If your priority is to have a VPN that protects you when you’re online, then you have a perfect Private Internet Access (PIA) service. In reality, you’re no different from the millions of users whose top priority is online security. The fact is that PIA gives you the anonymity and security you need thanks to its 256-bit encryption technology. Here’s how it works: this inexpensive VPN encrypts your traffic even if it clouds your IP address. Then it assigns you another IP address from a set of IP addresses from its 3,335 servers in 37 locations around the world.
In the end, it guarantees no data leakage and provides you with an impressive browsing experience. Since this inexpensive VPN has ultra-fast servers, your connection speed will always be super-fast. In addition, you benefit from DNS leakage protection and IPv6 protection. It goes without saying that its Internet kill switch is easily accessible. Of course, it introduces another layer of security for seamless browsing, streaming and instant messaging. Yes, you can connect up to 10 devices at the same time. All these advantages explain why this inexpensive VPN is on your list.
Supported Client Software:
- PIA has 3,335 servers hosted in 37 locations around the world
- It allows 10 different devices to connect simultaneously
- Offers option for instant setup
- PIA can also encrypt Wi-Fi
- Socks5 proxy is included
- Unlimited bandwidth and multiple VPN gateways
- Yes, it is very affordable
- This VPN is superb for torrenting and other P2P activities
- It is extremely easy to set up
- Payment in Bitcoin
- Runs on Linux, Windows, MacOS, Android, and iOS
- It has a good connection speed
- It does not unblock US Netflix
- There is no free trial
Considering the benefits, PIA supports PPTP, IKEv2, OpenVPN and L2TP/IPSec. In addition, it does not support log files. And to make it more user-friendly, it has an instant configuration. Now you have another cheap VPN that allows you to enjoy all the Internet in countries with draconian laws. While it’s affordable, that doesn’t mean that AIP is a low-quality service. However, PIA targets low income people and beginners.
So, if you fall into either of these categories, you can enjoy everything that other high-end VPN users enjoy with this low-cost VPN. The good thing is that after you buy this VPN product and it doesn’t meet your expectations, you can get your money back in 7 days.
Read our detailed review of Private Internet Access.
1. PrivateVPN – Great Cheap VPN
Money-back guarantee: 30-day
Another cheap VPN that deserves a place on this list is PrivateVPN. It offers excellent speed and a reliable connection for streaming, buffering and instant messaging. With this cross-platform VPN, you won’t have to worry that it won’t work well with your operating system. Feel free to subscribe, download and use its user-friendly application on Windows, Linux, MacOS, Android and iOS. To go further, it has 100 servers in many different locations around the world. Thanks to this relatively good distribution of super-fast servers, you can bypass many geo-blocked sites at lightning speed.
Nevertheless, it comes with a good price plan, which shows that PrivateVPN is one of the cheapest VPN services for students and other potential low income users. Because it puts users’ privacy first, this inexpensive VPN has a no-logs policy, DNS leakage protection and Internet circuit breaker. All these features work seamlessly, so you are assured of excellent security and anonymity. You may be concerned that hackers will track your Internet activities whenever you use a public Wi-Fi network in your neighborhood. In this case, it has military-grade encryption to ensure your safety. There’s no doubt that you have absolutely nothing to fear when you access the Internet with this VPN.
Supported Client Software:
- PrivateVPN allows up to 6 devices to connect simultaneously
- Allows for torrenting and other P2P activities
- Its 100+ servers are deployed across 150 locations
- There is Netflix support
- It also has support for many VPN protocols
- PrivateVPN is very affordable
- Good upload and download strengths
- It runs on all the popular operating systems
- Superb for maintaining user anonymity and security
- It has good capabilities for unblocking streaming sites
- It is difficult to connect to some servers at the same time
- Relatively few number of servers
Clearly, PrivateVPN still has a long way to go in terms of server coverage. Just over 100 servers is not enough. Having said that, on his VPN server, a user has access to dedicated servers that can help him to make torrents safely. In addition to being relatively cheap, it also offers a free version.
AES-256-bit encryption is safe to cover users’ online footprints. And then, after you purchase this product and are not satisfied with it, you can request a refund, and it will be honored within a week. What are you waiting for? You should try this cheap VPN today.
Read our detailed review of PrivateVPN.
Features You Should Pay Attention to When Choosing the Cheapest VPN
As you probably know, low-cost VPNs do not offer the same benefits as high-end services. So you don’t have to sacrifice quality. That being said, money is always an important consideration, which means you tend to get better value when you pay more. So far, we’ve done the work for you by introducing you to some of the best cheap VPNs on the technology market. But if you’re planning to go further, there are some features you need to pay attention to. We’re going to dissect some of them now in this segment.
- Logging policy: While we appreciate the fact that you need a low-budget VPN, you should never sacrifice your privacy for a few dollars. As soon as you do that, your goal of using a VPN to access the Internet is defeated. So you need to examine the details of your favorite VPN, especially its logging policy. There are many cheap VPNs out there that collect data about you and your online activities. These are the VPNs you should avoid, as they can compromise your online security for a few dollars from third-party advertising companies. You should always be cautious of VPNs that do not have a “no log” policy, which means they do not have any information about you or your online activities. It is essential to choose VPN services based outside of your country, as law enforcement agencies may require them to disclose important information about users, especially if they keep records. For the same reason, you should also prefer companies in the British Virgin Islands and Switzerland to those in the United States.
- Speed server: To keep your online activities private, the VPN works by sending your data through secure channels before it reaches the destination website. Meanwhile, the VPN obscures your real IP address and assigns you a different one, depending on the server you are connected to. Although the speed can be slowed down, in a fraction of a second the initial network speed is restored. It is true that the speed of your connection slows down for a long time when you are connected to a VPN service. Nevertheless, premium VPN providers have taken steps to improve their connection speed, reducing the speed disparity between the two networks. So, if you value excellent speed, as we believe, you should settle for a VPN provider that does not sacrifice your connection speed. We bet you don’t want to stream buffered HD videos online.
- Customer service: We can’t stress this enough: 24-hour customer service is something you need to take seriously. Although most of these VPN providers develop their software in such a way that even the least computer-savvy people can use it, there is no denying that you may encounter technical problems. If there is a connection problem, customer service becomes your light at the end of the tunnel. So you need to look for a cheap VPN with reliable customer service. Often you reach them through live chats, community discussion forums and email.
- Global coverage: When a VPN service has a large network of servers, you can be sure that it will deliver excellent overall performance. If you look closely, high-end VPN providers have their servers hosted in countless locations around the world. In the end, you are assured of ultra-fast speed and impressive uptime. In a nutshell, more servers mean a better user experience. Just because cheap VPNs don’t have the wide distribution of servers from the big names, it doesn’t necessarily mean that their performance is abysmal. When making your choice, make sure that the VPN has enough servers worldwide. With these, you’re ready to go! Nevertheless, pay attention to where most of these servers are located and think about why you need a VPN service.
- Security and anonymity: For many VPN users, security and anonymity are the most important reasons to get a VPN. Yes, it must also matter to you. Just before you get into a cheap VPN, find out about the security features it offers. To be clear, you should look for security protocols like OpenVPN. This is, of course, the most secure device that works on many different devices. Another feature you should focus on is 256-bit encryption technology, which ensures that your traffic is encrypted. Yes, this is ideal. Let’s not forget that it should have an automatic Internet kill switch and protection against DNS leakage. The importance of DNS leakage protection is that all DNS queries should go through a secure channel rather than the normal ISP line.
While some of the cheaper VPNs on the market may not offer you the best features, you should be guided by the features we’ve shared with you. In all of this, you should never compromise your security and anonymity, as they reflect the essence of a Virtual Private Network (VPN). Without mince words, any cheap VPN that doesn’t guarantee this is not worth trying. All in all, you need to consider all the factors we’ve talked about so far.
Final Thoughts About Best Cheap VPN
We will wrap up with the following words:
- Most of the cheap VPNs on the market today are not secure. That’s why we’ve chosen the best of them from among everything the industry has to offer. We can therefore guarantee that the VPNs presented in this guide live up to their promises because we have tested them.
- If you buy a completely free VPN, you won’t be safe anymore. Note that these free service providers also need money to maintain their business. Therefore, they do many unthinkable things to make money, including selling your data to third party companies.
- There are some cheap VPNs that you should avoid. These VPNs include Hotspot Shield, which sells user data to third party companies, and HolaVPN, which has fooled its more than 50 million users to distribute ransom software over the network.
- So far we have been able to establish why it is essential that you avoid free VPNs, as they have nothing to offer. However, there are special cases where paid VPNs offer free trial periods just to prove that they are really reliable. These are not the free VPNs we are talking about.
Finally, all of the VPNs discussed in this document provide reliable service. Therefore, you should do what you need to do by choosing among them. Do so and enjoy truly free internet.