By now, you are probably aware that one of the best foods for babies is yogurt. The recommended type is the plain, unsweetened type that is not laden with additives like sugar. They are the best choice for infants as they contain fats and proteins. They also help in the development of essential organs like the brain. In getting this drink for your baby, you need the exact type designed specifically for them. While the market is full of products that claim to be safe for your kid, you need to be careful.
Due to their delicate digestive and immune systems, you want to get them a product that will not harm them in any way. With that in mind, you have hard work to do in your quest to get the best yogurt for babies. But you have nothing to worry about as we have invested hours of research into this article. After reading customer reviews, hands-on tests, and user experiences, we concluded the top five products you can give your newborns.
How Did We Pick the Best Yougurt for Babies?
The main aim of our articles is to make the buying process for our readers as simple, comfortable and effective as possible.
Every review we create is the result of an intricate study of the market, and customer feedback analysis. You’ll always get an honest final verdict. Only after endless hours of research, and once we’re satisfied that we’ve found the best products, do we then add them to our review list for your consideration.
We hope that you enjoy your purchase. If you found this article useful — please share it with your friends. Follow us on social media to stay up to date with more of the best online product reviews.
Why It is Better?
- Why Do You Need a Yogurt for Baby?
- How to Pick the Right One for Your Baby
- Top 5 Best Yogurts for Babies
- 1. Happy Baby Organic Yogis Freeze-Dried Yogurt & Fruit Snacks
- 2. Gerber Yogurt Melts
- 3. Gerber Yogurt Blends Assortment Snacks
- 4. GoGo squeeZ yogurtZ
- 5. Earth’s Best Organic Fruit Yogurt Smoothie
- When to Start Giving a Yogurt to Baby?
- Main Types of Yogurt for Babies
- How to Serve Yogurt for Babies
- Frequently Asked Questions
Why Do You Need a Yogurt for Baby?
As soon as your bundle of joy crosses 6 months, it is crucial to safely introduce them to solid foods. While there are varieties of foods you can introduce them to like fruits and vegetables, milk products (especially yogurt) are some of the best. This is a versatile food that many people enjoy – both young and old. Unknown to many people, however, this is one of the first foods to introduce to your little ones.
It comes with an impressive nutritional profile that will benefit babies. The elements needed for bone and teeth development, like calcium and phosphorus, are present. Your child also enjoys fat, protein, and other essentials for rapid and optimum development. One of the advantages of this drink is the presence of active live cultures. This helps your little kid digest the protein and lactose in them easily.
It is produced mainly by fermentation, so infant tummies will easily digest the protein. This is one of the reasons that it makes more sense for little ones compared to cow’s milk. The issue with cow’s milk is the difficulty of digestion and the excess mineral constituents. It only stresses the digestive system of babies. You do not have this concern with yogurt as you are feeding them the right liquid that their body will find helpful.
Of course, when discussing giving this liquid to them, we are talking about plain whole milk yogurt. It does not have sugar but contains other essentials like vitamins, minerals, fats, and proteins that your kid needs for healthy development and growth. Serving this drink to your child will be pretty easy since they come in refrigerated containers. The texture is palatable and soothes developing gums. As your child grows, they will find it easier to feed on.
Introducing your kid to this food can help reduce the risk of developing milk allergies. It also helps if you want to introduce allergenic food like nuts or peanuts to your kid.
The fat content in it will help the brain and nervous system develop. While this does not have the needed amount of probiotics, there are some brands that come with live cultures, which is useful for babies. With these probiotics, the gut gets good bacteria growth, which helps with a healthy tummy development.
How to Pick the Right One for Your Baby
When considering the best product for your child, you need to consider many factors. This will help you select a safe product that will cause no complications and works appropriately with their tiny tummies. Here are some factors that will guide you in choosing the right one for your bundle of joy.
- Brands: Before you make a pick, be sure of the brand you want to consider. Some brands have established themselves as an authority in the industry. They produce good products endorsed by many food watchdogs and parents. As a result, you can always trust these products. Luckily, all of the ones we selected in this review have good recommendations. Hence, you have nothing to worry about. Some examples include Happy Baby, Earth’s Best, Gerber, GoGoSqueeZ, etc.
- Organic or inorganic products: Your baby’s tummy is tiny, delicate, and underdeveloped. As a result, it is not strong enough to handle processed foods. For this reason, you are better off with organic foods produced with little exposure to chemicals like pesticides and others. Repeated exposure to such chemicals can trigger serious health complications in children.
- Ingredients: The formula of the product also matters a lot. For their optimum development, they need a full-fat product. This is due to the presence of omega-3 fatty acids, which helps the brain to develop. You also want one with active live cultures. This is crucial as it helps break down the protein to form lactic acid.
- Vitamins: One of the essences of feeding your newborns this food is for their growth and healthy development. This comes down to the vitamin content of the yogurt. We recommend going for products rich in any or all of vitamins A, C, D, and E. This will help your little one develop the way they should.
- Age range: There is no specific age range that’s safe to introduce your baby to these drinks. Some kids might be ready as early as the sixth month mark while others might need to get to eight or tenth months. You should consider this before introducing them to the product. Some products are also specifically suited for a selected age group. Earth’s Best Organic Fruit Yogurt Smoothie, for instance, is recommended for newborns aged 2 and above.
- Taste: You want something that tastes nice for your baby. This, however, is not a license to buy a product filled with artificial flavor or sugar. It triggers health issues in kids like excess weight, diabetes, heart disease, and obesity. Instead, there are products with natural fruit flavors like strawberries, berries, vanilla, etc. that your baby will like. GoGosqueeZ YogurtZ Strawberry, for example, comes in assorted flavors like banana, blueberry, etc. that your little one will like.
Top 5 Best Yogurts for Babies
1. Happy Baby Organic Yogis Freeze-Dried Yogurt & Fruit Snacks Review
Value for money
We Don’t Like
As a parent, if you are confused about the right food choice to introduce your infant to, consider Happy Baby Organic. It is a product of organic fruits and whole yogurts that will dissolve easily in their mouth. It can serve as a delicious snack or treat that they will love. As soon as they start crawling on their hands and knees, they are ready for this nutritious product. This is one of the best yogurt for babies as it is formulated with organic recipes that will aid your little one’s development.
For everyone that wants their baby to develop into a healthy and strong adult, this yogurt is not negotiable. Even if your baby is a picky eater, they will surely enjoy this product. Parents from all over the globe can trust this product as the ingredients were sought from purely organic farms. The absence of GMOs, manmade hormones, and pesticides makes it completely safe for them. The package comes in a pouch bag with a seal zip to prevent moisture contamination.
2. Gerber Yogurt Melts Review
Value for money
We Don’t Like
Gerber Yogurt Melt is another beautiful product you can introduce to your little ones. They are made with real and organically-grown fruits specifically suited for babies. It is sweet and delicious without sweeteners, artificial flavors, sugars, and chemical preservatives, making it ideal for your bundle of joy. Gerber boasts a formula and ingredients that are vital to the growth and development of your baby. You can introduce them to a product that will support and foster healthy growth and development.
It is a rich source of essential vitamins needed for your little ones’ growth. With the variety pack, you will get three superb flavors, and your baby will surely adore one or all of them. They come with live and active cultures, just like those present in refrigerated products. This is a good food to help develop your baby’s feeding skills. The product is ideal for small tummies and little hands because they can chew it easily and it creates no mess.
3. Gerber Yogurt Blends Assortment Snacks Review
Value for money
We Don’t Like
For every mother that needs a real dairy product for her newborns that does not need refrigeration, Gerber Yogurt Blends are a terrific choice. This is a high-quality product packed with essential vitamins, minerals, and other essential bacteria that is vital to their growth and healthy development. They are formulated specifically for little tummies and we are confident that they will love it. As soon as they are around 8 to 9 months, they will be ready for this diary product.
However, you might want to check with your doctor before introducing them to it as their needs differ. This can be their favorite food for breakfast as well. It comes in assorted flavors like banana, berries, etc. This is undoubtedly one of the best yogurt for baby that your bundle of joy will fall in love with. This is a unique product for all babies out there that will help develop essential faculties of your kids like exploring their imagination so that being kids will come naturally.
4. GoGo squeeZ yogurtZ Review
Value for money
We Don’t Like
Gogo is one of the top early foods to give your little ones. It was made under strict environmental conditions to ensure that your newborn gets the best. Their digestive system will love this drink as it ensures that they get the right nutrient they need to build up their delicate body. This drink comes from real fruit, is low in fat, and does not contain unnecessary additives and horrible accessories (like sugar and preservatives) that might hurt him.
It contains proteins and essential vitamins key to their growth and development. There are many flavors, so you will have something special to excite your kid’s taste buds every time. The product is made from pasteurized milk with cultures that are essential to keep your little one going. Above all, you get a healthy and nutritious meal for your child at a pretty reasonable price.
5. Earth’s Best Organic Fruit Yogurt Smoothie Review
Value for money
We Don’t Like
If you want your little one to enjoy the nutrients that are essential for optimum growth and development, give them Earth’s Best Organic Fruit Yogurt. All ingredients are sourced from real and organic fruits without dangerous additives and are found in nature. They will love this high-quality food. You do not need to refrigerate it except after opening since you can reseal the container and keep it for future use. The product is certified by the USDA, which allays all fears about its safety.
The ingredients are fresh and pure, making it safe for baby. The company prioritizes quality, health, and safety, so you have nothing to worry about. The safety of your babies was prioritized in the production of this snack. Earth’s best organic fruit is one of the best yogurt for baby. There are many positive reviews about it and users are extremely satisfied with the product. Giving your little one Earth’s Best Organic Fruit will aid their growth and development while giving them a swift and seamless growth.
When to Start Giving a Yogurt to Baby?
When we talk about the first food for little ones, people think of cereals, strained peas, and others. This product, however, is a terrific choice as well. Many people may be surprised about this and wonder: can babies eat yogurt?
According to most pediatricians, your little one can eat yogurt starting from the seventh month. It is one of the best first foods because babies can eat it from the sixth month. The fat content of whole milk makes it ideal for their growth. You can either buy the plain whole milk, or any of the products recommended are a good idea. You can also make your own if you have the time and strength.
Many people wonder why yogurt is a great baby food for kids before age one. Considering that they are dairy products, there are many advantages of these early baby food for little ones:
- There is no risk of the breast milk or formula being replaced by yogurt
- According to the medical community, there is the concern that introducing little ones to whole cow milk before age 1 might make mothers relent and gradually quit breastfeeding their baby. Without a doubt, this is dangerous to the health of the baby.
- The culture in yogurt breaks down milk protein. The breaking down process can be either complete or semi-removed. With the culture, yogurt and cheese will be easier to digest. This is a blessing to folks with lactose intolerance as they get to eat and digest cheese without issues. This also applies to people who are allergic to milk protein.
Main Types of Yogurt for Babies
Yogurt for babies come in various forms. We will explore the different types available and guide you towards the best one.
- Full-fat option: Your babies will love the full-fat option. They need enough fat like saturated and animal fat in their meals. Saturated fat is the major content of breast milk. Fat will help their brain develop, making it ideal.
- Plain option: While many newborns will not mind assorted flavors, plain yogurt is the best and healthiest. It is good and helpful for their developing taste buds. Do not give them flavored yogurt due to the sugar content. If you want to introduce them to this food, start with this, not the flavored type. If your kids are hooked on the flavored type, getting them to eat the plain one might be hard.
- Greek and regular: Either of the two is fine. We get the Greek variant when we strain regular yogurt. This gives it more nutrients like protein with reduced sodium. The Greek type is similar to the regular type but with a thick and creamy texture. Protein and active cultures are also abundant.
- Regular or bio variant: We recommend the bio-type due to the content. Even though all types come with important friendly bacteria, there are tougher and more helpful bacteria strains in the bio variant. The full-fat variant of the bio type is a terrific idea that your little one will benefit from. In conclusion, your baby is better off with plain yogurt. It can also be Greek or regular, but make sure it’s the full-fat option. The bio variant with extra bacteria strains will help their digestive system in various ways.
How to Serve Yogurt for Babies
You can serve this to your baby in a number of ways. For people on a baby-led feeding program, it is a good idea to let them explore it with their hands. Let them feel the texture, and if possible, eat it themself. For those that do not want to use their hands just yet, there are small spoons designed for little hands that will do the trick.
Another product called a Gootensil that your babies can use is also available. All the baby has to do is dip the utensil into the yogurt and it will cling to it. Your little one will easily get this into their mouth without making an unnecessary mess, just like a spoon. If your baby decides to self-feed, serve them the Greek type. They are thick, easy to pick up, and stay on any utensils they use without making a mess. For newborns that are not yet ready for self-feeding, spoon-feed them. This is a good opportunity to use the yogurt on other foods that your kid might not want to eat like grains of rice.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some questions that users might have about using any of these products for their little ones.
If you want to go the exclusive breastfeeding route, you will feed your child breast milk only for the first six months. From the eight month and above, you can introduce other milk-rich food items. Some people could also start their crawlers as early as six months. You should, however, exclude cow milk from the process. Once your bundle of joy is ready for solid food, they will likely eat it as well.
In addition to breast milk, your little one will get an ample supply of dairy from this liquid. The product also comes with an essential fat that is vital to brain development. They will also benefit from this thanks to the active and live cultures in them. Known as probiotics, they improve the good bacteria in their gut. These bacteria are responsible for digestion, immunity, and other important factors. Introducing this food early will help to jumpstart your little one’s health.
We have examined various forms of the milk-rich meals directed at crawlers. They were manufactured under the strictest hygienic conditions. They have no harmful preservatives or additives like sugar. Many regular products are also organically certified. They were not grown with pesticides and the plants weren’t modified genetically in a way that could affect your little one.
Some crawlers do not have any issues with Greek yogurt. In fact, the major difference between the Greek and whole milk yogurt is the processing level the proteins were subjected to. Some babies, on the other hand, can’t handle the protein level of the Greek version. This might trigger constipation. Make sure to let your little one try the plain and simple whole-milk type first before going to the Greek type. With this, you can find out how your little one digests milk protein.
We have examined the five best products for anyone who wants to introduce yogurt to their crawlers. In selecting one for your little one, make sure that it is rich in fat (for brain development) and moderate in protein. You also need an organic product whose ingredients were not laden with chemicals and pesticides. Any product with this quality is safe and will in no way harm your little one.
At this juncture, it is safe to say that this extensive guide has examined many things you need to know about baby yogurt. The top five products were picked for you after due consultations, studies, and tests. With the features, pros, cons, and product descriptions examined, you cannot go wrong with any of the choices. Picking the best type for your little one might be challenging. In addition to the products reviewed, this guide has given a foolproof way to go about this.
For people wondering if their babies will be better off with yogurt, there is a section of this guide dedicated to that. To be crystal clear, every mother needs a safe product specifically suited for their little one’s tiny, delicate tummy. We are confident that whatever you select will not give you or your crawler any cause for concern. Do you wish to have a happy, healthy, and excited baby? If yes, place your order now!