6 Best VPNs for New Zealand – Unblock Streaming Services with a VPN
Beyond the skyscrapers, breathtaking infrastructure, technological advances and innovative architectural designs, there is a New Zealand the world has never seen before. Perhaps this part of the country remains hidden because “It’s on the other side of the world”. However, if you are visiting the country for the first time, you should know that tmany sites in the world cannot be accessed in this country. Yes, the New Zealand authorities have blocked them!
To put it plainly, if you are a big fan of the Netflix series and movies from this American streaming giant, just know that you will no longer have access to this high quality content once you arrive in New Zealand. Although the local authorities have not published a list of banned sites, sources say Netflix is on the list. Apart from Netflix, you should expect that there are other sites that you may not be able to access while in New Zealand.
Circumventing the Ban
Despite the fact that New Zealand officials prevent their citizens from accessing certain Internet resources, there is a way out. Do you live in New Zealand? Perhaps you want to visit the country? Whether you live in the country or are just visiting, you can get VPN software to penetrate these firewalls. Just discovered the name VPN for the first time? We don’t think so.
Well, the VPN software or application helps users unblock geo-blocked sites by encrypting their data and assigning them a new IP address. Both of these processes will help you bypass geo-blocked sites. Now you may be wondering how to get the best VPN for New Zealand. If that’s your concern, then you don’t need to worry, because we’ve compiled a list of the best of them for you. Read on to find out more.
6 Best New Zealand VPN – Comparison Table
Top 6 Best VPN for New Zealand
6. IvacyVPN – Reliable VPN for New Zealand
Money-back guarantee: 30-day
One of the best VPNs you can possibly gift yourself in New Zealand is Ivacy VPN. Truly, you want to have a VPN that allows you to torrent, unblock the world’s leading streaming sites, and bypass other geo-blocked sites from the comfort of your home. Don’t you? Those are some of the core benefits of Ivacy. Since its launch in 2007, Ivacy has taken steps to pioneer and develop many fascinating features, ensuring that New Zealanders get real value for their money.
With this service, you are sure to enjoy top-notch security, meaning that you do not have to worry about your personal privacy whenever you browse the web. With 21 servers in New Zealand’s major cities including Auckland and Wellington, it means that Ivacy has New Zealanders’ interests at heart. Today, Ivacy has remained one of the leading VPN providers in the country.
Supported Client Software:
- DNS leak protection
- Has 21 servers in the country’s major cities
- 24-hour live chat support
- Torrenting support and unblocking Netflix
- Allows up to 10 devices
- Malware blocker and Wi-Fi protection
- Offers outstanding encryption to those living in New Zealand and outside the country
- Makes it easy to unblock streaming services
- Can connect to and engage the live chat service in a split second
- Wi-Fi protection and malware blocker, which stop mischievous cybercriminals
- Safe downloads of P2P files for torrent users in New Zealand
- Enough simultaneous logins to share it with your family, friends, and colleagues
- Seemingly deficient macOS client because it only offers IKEv1, which many cybersecurity experts no longer support
Because New Zealand is high on Ivacy VPN’s priority list, it has 21 servers hosted in the country to help the locals get their money’s worth. Additionally, Ivacy VPN has all it takes to be the best VPN for New Zealand as it has many exciting features. So far, we have mentioned a couple of the benefits that New Zealanders enjoy from using this service. However, there are a lot more.
It runs on a wide spectrum of operating systems. It does not matter if you use Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, or iOS. The good thing is that you can download and install the app on your device unaided. Still, you enjoy server switching, split tunneling, multiple VPN protocols, and anonymous browsing, and the list goes on. With all these benefits and more, there is no denying that this VPN deserves a top place on this list. You should definitely check it out.
Read our detailed review of IvacyVPN.
5. PrivateVPN – Great Option for New Zealand
Money-back guarantee: 30-day
We have included PrivateVPN in this list of top VPNs for New Zealand as it has most of the features of the country’s premium VPN services. Specifically, it has a relatively fair distribution of servers and offers good privacy to users. To be clearer, PrivateVPN is one of the best VPNs for New Zealand, as you can use it to bypass all paid streaming sites of your choice. From US Netflix to BBC iPlayer, from HBO to Hotstar, from Hulu to Amazon Fire TV, you will be able to unlock and watch your favorite movies and shows from these platforms at home in Christchurch.
Plus, if you love the torrent, you have the perfect VPN to do it with PrivateVPN. That’s simply because it provides the support needed to share huge files using the controversial P2P network. Since its 100 servers are well optimized for speed and the bandwidth is unlimited, you can be sure to get uninterrupted access to these geo-restricted sites without having to leave an inch of your home. Other fascinating features are detailed below.
Supported Client Software:
- PrivateVPN allows up to 6 devices to connect simultaneously
- There is Netflix support
- Zero logs and unlimited bandwidth
- It also has support for many VPN protocols
- Allows for torrenting
- PrivateVPN is very affordable
- PrivateVPN has clients for Windows, Linux, iOS, MacOS, and Android
- Superb for keeping users’ online footprints anonymous
- It has good capabilities for unblocking streaming sites
- Widespread server location for effective connection and good speed
- Good upload and download strengths
- Doesn’t unblock the China’s firewalls
- The customer service needs to be improved
This VPN has a server in New Zealand, which shows that it has the interests of the Australian country at heart. Of course, one server is not enough, but it has a vast network of servers around the world. This VPN is probably intended for beginners, as it is relatively affordable.
On the other hand, one cannot ignore the fact that this VPN does not penetrate China’s firewalls. But then, the focus is on New Zealand and not China. More importantly, this service provider needs to improve its support service. Despite these shortcomings, it’s still a good buy.
Read our detailed review of PrivateVPN.
4. NordVPN – Secured New Zealand VPN
Money-back guarantee: 30-day
When it comes to premium VPNs that put New Zealand above all else, NordVPN is the one for you. Do you know why? Not to mention that it has up to 5,100 servers worldwide. Well, guess what? It has a technology called Double VPN, which increases the security of Internet traffic channels by encrypting them twice. Let’s not forget that among the 19 servers that NordVPN has in New Zealand, there are the ones that allow you to torrent through and make sure you stay anonymous.
Supported Client Software:
- There is a smart DNS service
- Additionally, it comes with a double encryption
- It has dedicated IP addresses
- There are key features, such as kill switch, stealth mode, etc.
- It allows up to 6 devices to connect at the same time
- 5,100+ servers deployed in 60 locations around the world, including 19 servers in New Zealand
- User privacy and security are guaranteed
- NordVPN’s connection speed is reliable and fast
- It supports lots of devices, such as online game consoles, routers, etc.
- It has exceptional unblocking capabilities, making it a top-rated VPN in New Zealand
- Its monthly subscription fee is a bit high
Without exaggerating, you can make this VPN product the best VPN for New Zealand. Indeed, it gives you more than other VPN products give. Essentially, NordVPN is like a VPN typically designed to meet the VPN needs of premises. You can rely on it to unlock and broadcast location-based sites, including Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Hulu, Fire Stick TV and many others in New Zealand.
What’s more, it supports the torrent and disgruntled users can get their money-back in a month. CyberGhost may have one or two things to learn from NordVPN, as it uses 2048-bit AES encryption. It is obvious that this product is a must.
Read our detailed review of NordVPN.
3. Private Internet Access (PIA) – Best Beginners VPN for New Zealand
Money-back guarantee: 7-day
To date, we have focused on delivering high quality VPN products to New Zealanders. This time, we need to take into account beginners and low income people. Indeed, all these people deserve a chance to unlock streaming and torrenting sites. That is why Private Internet Access (PIA) was put on this list. Keep in mind that considering this category of people does not mean that PIA is a low quality product. No, it is simply a perfect blend of affordability and high quality.
Supported Client Software:
- It has 3,335+ servers hosted in 34 locations around the world
- It allows 10 different devices to connect simultaneously
- Offers option for instant setup
- There are DNS leak and IPv6 leak protections
- This New Zealand VPN is superb for torrenting
- It is extremely easy to set up and it is very affordable
- There is support for many VPN protocols
- Runs on Linux, Windows, MacOS, Android, and iOS
- It has a good connection speed
- It cannot unblock US Netflix
- There is no free trial
Thanks to this VPN, New Zealand Internet users can enjoy unlimited access to the network without fear of the authorities discovering their identity. When it comes to user privacy and the promotion of civil liberties in New Zealand, this VPN does a good job. In addition, there is a 7-day money-back option that is guaranteed.
It supports many VPN protocols, such as PTPP, OpenVPN and L2TP/IPsec. To summarize, PIA supports P2P activities. Yes, we save the best for last: it has 16 servers in New Zealand! For many locals, this is the best VPN NZ!
Read our detailed review of Private Internet Access.
2. CyberGhost – User-Friendly New Zealand VPN
Money-back guarantee: 45-day
Why not try CyberGhost since it offers amazing features just like the previous VPN product? With 10 servers in New Zealand, it is clear that this VPN is a good choice. Furthermore, CyberGhost has a reputation as a VPN that puts the safety, security and anonymity of users above all else. This is simply due to the fact that it uses a high level AES-256 bit AES for traffic encryption. In addition, its ease of use is another selling point.
Supported Client Software:
- With 5,700 servers across 112 locations, CyberGhost has 10 of them in New Zealand
- It runs on Windows, MacOS, Android, iOS and Android
- It has a strong 256-bit encryption
- Allows up to 7 different devices to connect at the same time
- It has a no-log policy
- It enables users to effortlessly torrent from New Zealand
- It unblocks many streaming websites, such as Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, etc.
- There is a helpdesk that offers fast real-time chat
- It also has a Wi-Fi protection
- This New Zealand VPN blocks malicious ads
- The connection speed not exceptional
- Gives only a 24-hour trial period for the desktop version
While CyberGhost has 5,700 servers in 112 locations, 10 of them are strategically located in New Zealand. This means that you can comfortably bypass local and foreign streaming sites from the comfort of your home in New Zealand. In fact, you’ll have access to US Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Fire TV – not to mention the fact that you’ll also be able to bypass local streaming sites. All you need to do is connect to the server that is optimized for the site you want to bypass. At this point, the work is done.
Although we can’t exclude the possibility that you may encounter some technical problems, you can easily leave a message to its support service via email or live chat. We always recommend that you do this via live chat, as a representative will always be available to resolve your issues. Once again, you don’t need to be a technology expert for the application to work on your Windows, Linux, MacOS, Android or iOS device. Yes, it’s user-friendly, so you’ll be subscribing and logging in to it in a moment. All these advantages explain why this powerful VPN for New Zealand has been added to this list.
Read our detailed review of CyberGhost.
1. ExpressVPN – All-Round VPN for New Zealand
Money-back guarantee: 30-day
With a single server hosted in New Zealand, the ExpressVPN service provider sends a strong message that they are putting a priority on an exceptional Internet experience in New Zealand and beyond. Although geographic restrictions in New Zealand are not as strict as in other countries, you will need ExpressVPN to bypass many geo-blocked websites in the country.
Indeed, we’ve added this VPN service to this list for you, as it is popular for unblocking streaming sites such as US Netflix and BBC iPlayer. ExpressVPN is able to unlock streaming sites because it has a wide distribution of servers worldwide. To be clear, it has 3,000 high-speed servers in 160 locations worldwide. With these servers, users get up to 30,000 IP addresses to allow them to bypass other sites such as Hulu, HBO, Amazon Fire Stick, etc.
- With a server in New Zealand, ExpressVPN has 3,000 servers hosted across 94 countries around the world in 160 locations
- This service comes with an Internet kill switch
- It allows 5 devices to connect at the same time
- 30,000 IP addresses
- It doesn’t record log
- ExpressVPN is cool for torrenting
- This service supports many VPN protocols, such as OpenVPN, IKEv2, and PPTP
- With a vast spread of servers around the world, ExpressVPN can seamlessly unblock any website
- Buyers can get their money refunded if unsatisfied with this tech product
- It offers an unlimited bandwidth
- It has no ad blocker
- The monthly payment plan is pricey
It is interesting to note that ExpressVPN is on this list because it has taken giant steps to protect its New Zealand users. If you are having trouble connecting to the server network, you can easily contact its 24/7 customer support via email or live chat. Don’t worry – the team will get back to you in no time. Afterwards, you will be able to unlock local and foreign paid services.
From the above, there’s nothing to say that ExpressVPN deserves a place on this list. With a server that ‘serves’ New Zealanders from the comfort of their homes, ExpressVPN has shown that the country is high on its priority list. With no download bans or bandwidth limits, this VPN offers New Zealanders a state-of-the-art product for streaming and torrenting. Compatible with all known operating systems, ExpressVPN has a great feature, split tunneling.
Read our detailed review of ExpressVPN.
There are factors that determine the right New Zealand VPN for surfing the Internet. Essentially, this means that these are the most important factors to watch in order to get the most out of the industry. These factors are listed below:
- Sterling connection speed: One of the most uninspiring experiences you can have in New Zealand is using a slow VPN server to access geo-blocked sites. The truth is that your viewing pleasure will be interrupted because the HD streaming experience will keep piling up. So the best thing to do is always check the speed of New Zealand VPNs before you subscribe to one. Note that VPNs naturally slow down the speed of your connection. However, when you use the right one, you will rarely notice the differences between speeds.
- Wide server spread: Another factor to consider is the distribution of servers worldwide. You should always opt for a VPN that has a large network of servers around the world, because this will allow it to bypass many geoblocked websites, regardless of the country. For example, you’ll need servers in the US to bypass US Netflix firewalls and you’ll need servers in the UK to bypass BBC iPlayer firewalls. In other words, if your VPN is not present in these countries, it will be difficult to unblock such sites, as they cannot easily generate the local IP addresses needed to do so.
- Good encryption technology: A close look at the cyber security industry trend shows that VPN service providers are increasingly migrating to 2048-bit instead of 256-bit encryption technology. A good example is NordVPN, which has dual VPNs to provide an additional layer of security for your web traffic. This means you won’t have to worry about cybercriminals, government or ISPs snooping around on your online activities. So you should keep this in mind.
- Great torrenting experience: In order for a VPN to provide you with an impressive torrent experience, it must support it. Note that this method of file sharing has become controversial over the years.
- Price: To be clear, no amount of money could be too large given the importance of VPN services to subscribers. If your online security is compromised, you could lose everything, including your hard-earned savings. Nevertheless, there are people on a small budget who would like to join the growing global community of VPN users because their online privacy and security are important to them. Overall, the more expensive the VPN is, the better the quality of service.
- Reviews: Well, another factor you should consider is a product review. Essentially, reviews of VPS in this context are done in two ways: What the experts think and what the real users think. For example, you can look at the reviews of such VPNs to learn more about what users are saying about torrenting with a particular VPN and what its experts think as well. Undoubtedly, both of these opinions are important, and you should consider them before making a choice.
- Unlimited bandwidth: Together with split tunneling, unlimited bandwidth is a factor that improves VPN speed for New Zealand. The good thing is that most high-end VPNs offer this feature. So if the speed of your connection is important to you (as much as we think it is), then you should settle for a VPN with unlimited bandwidth.
Keep in mind that all of the VPNs we reviewed in this guide met these factors before we list them here. In addition, we have been honest in revealing their flaws – something their developers will not be able to dispute.
Final Words About Best VPN for New Zealand
We’ve taken a few steps to help you make the most of the VPN market. Often, people are tempted to get a free VPN instead of choosing a paid VPN. In truth, a free VPN is something you shouldn’t even consider, as it has many drawbacks, such as not providing a reliable VPN service.
Also, some of them sell user information to companies that are willing to buy it. Do you want your information to end up with a third party company? We don’t think so. Stop looking for a New Zealand VPN online; join the many New Zealanders who are taking advantage of pay-per-use VPN technology to get value for their money. To do so, simply choose one of the VPNs we’ve reviewed above now!