Why is welding still applied manually when it can be computerized to make things faster, cheaper, and easier? As awesome as that idea/question may be, it is not applicable because of some facts. For instance, fabricator requires some level of flexibility and portability in some cases. This is one of the reasons it cannot be entirely computerized.
There are different ways you can hold metals together; one of them is stick welding, also known as Shielded Metallic Arc Welding (SMAW). It is very simple and used in most households where DIY is a big deal.
This particular process of holding metal together is very effective. It has no problems with being used outside, even in windy and rainy weather conditions. It is also cheap and easy to use, making it a great option for beginners. If you are here looking for the best stick welder for the money, then you have come to the right place.
Top 3 Best Stick Welder for the Money
3. Everlast Powerpro 164
- AC DC welder wit pulse and cutter
- Inverter technology
This is very suitable for both high-duty and simple functions around the house. It is compatible with 110 and 220-volt power outlets, and other power sources the produce at least 10,000 watts of power.
- 30-day money back policy
- Labor and parts warranty for 5 years
- 5-star reviews
- Not so affordable
With just a flip of a switch, you can change the TIG, plasma, and stick cutting features. This is one of the features that make it stand out from the rest.
2. Lincoln Electric Power 210 MP
- Produces 210 amp
- Weighs 40 pounds
The versatility of this product has endeared it to the heart of many consumers. It can be used for just about any jobs within a domestic environment.
- It is versatile and simple to use
- It is strong enough to tackle just about any jobs within a domestic environment
- It comes with double voltage input
- No AC
This is the second best stick welder for the money. If you have no welding experience, this will be good for you to start with.
1. Amico Power DC-160A
- Comes with a more sophisticated and advanced IGBT module
- Small size design and light-weight
- Compensates automatically for voltage fluctuation
This brand came into the market not so long ago, but it came in with a bang. It has continued to gather positive reviews as the best stick welder for the money for a lot of customers.
- It is very easy to set up with everything you’ll need to do so in the box
- Display information on the LED screen using a digital format
- It can function effectively under pressure. This means you can use it for a long time without having to bother about overheating
- The electrode holder is substandard
- No AC
If you move around a lot, you’re going to benefit from this brand seeing as it weighs only 18 pounds and is designed in a compact manner.